Need Tips? We have all your bases covered.
Before you store:
- Plan your space to make maximum use of the area.
- Make an inventory of your stored items.
- Use clean, good quality packing supplies.
- Use the same size boxes for easy stacking.
- Seal boxes to keep dust out Label your boxes for easy locating.
- Read your Rental Agreement Insure your goods- if it’s worth storing, it’s worth insuring!
Tips to organize your Grand Slam Storage Center Space:
- Keep heavier boxes on the bottom
- Use smaller boxes for books and heavy objects
- Put the items you need the least in the back of the unit to keep room in the front for things you may want to get at later
- Leave an aisle or walkway for easy access to all your items
- Use freestanding shelving to help keep things organized Wrap pictures, mirrors and framed items with paper or bubble wrap and mark as FRAGILE
- Never store these items flat
- Cover furniture and mattresses for protection
- Use pallets or cardboard to keep these items off the floor
- Store mattresses flat to prevent them from bending out of shape
- Don’t forget to use furniture drawers to store items- Linens, clothes, blankets, silverware and small items
- Remove the legs from tables to make more room
- Security Be aware of Property access hours and posted signage
- Use a good quality lock
- Report any unusual activity or potential problems to the Grand Slam Storage Center Property Manager
If you have any questions or need assistance, your Grand Slam Storage Center Property Manager can help with everything from the packing supplies you need to finding a good pizza on moving day!